Thursday, October 30, 2008

Baby Tag

1. Where were you when you first found out you when you found out you were pregnant? We were living in my grandparents' house. I probably found out in the bathroom.
2. Who was with you? Joshua
3. What was your first reaction? I was excited!
4. What was your husband's reaction? More excited than I was! (We had just lost one at 16 weeks a few months before so we were DYING to get pregnant again.)
5. Who was the first person you told? Joshua. Then our families.
6. Were the pregnancies planned? Yes
7. Was everyone happy for you? Yes
8. What was the sex? boy
9. Did anyone throw a shower for you? Yep. There was one at Joshua's grandma's house, one with my mom's family, and one with my dad's. That one was a combined one with my cousin's wife, Steph, but Mike was born the day before so I didn't go. My mom brought all the gifts home to me. ha ha.
10. Did you get any outfits you wouldn't use? Yep. Joshua refuses to put his son in Winnie the Pooh.
11. How much weight did you gain? 30 lbs
12. Did you get stretch marks? yes, but they've all faded a lot.
13. Did you crave anything crazy? not that I can remember.
14. Who or what got on your nerves the most? Other people's kids. ha ha. I was like what am I doing?!? But my own kid is a lot better.
15. Where were you when you went into labor? I must have been in labor at home, in bed, but when I got up and walked around it went away and I fell asleep. Then I went to my doctor's appointment the next day (feeling normal) and she said I was dialated to a 5!
16. Did you have any complications? Nope
17. Did your water break? a nurse broke my water at the hospital. I didn't feel a thing 'cause i'd already had my epidural.
18. Who drove you to the hospital? I drove myself partly there. I had to pick up Joshua from work at that time anyway. I called him on the way there, from the doctor's office, saying you're not going to Applebee's (his night job) tonight, you better call in!
19. Did you go early or late? almost 2 weeks early
20. Who was in the room? Landon, Dr. Blackburn, and two or three nurses. I wasn't really paying attention.
21. Did you video tape it? Heck no.
22. Did you have any pain medication? Epidural. It wore off though and I had to get more!
23. Did you have a c-section or natural? natural...with drugs
24. What was your reaction to the birth? 4 hours of pushing, then using the suction thingy is NOT fun at all, but totally and completely worth it.
25. How big was the baby? 6 lbs 13 oz, 21 1/4 inches. Long and skinny.
26. Did your husband cry? not that I was aware of
27. When is the next one coming? well, we're not using any form of birth control and haven't been since mid July, so....whenever!
28. If you could would you do it all over again? Yes. I hope the next one comes out better though!

I tag...Pam (mom of Lilia and Lacey), Brandie (mom of Aiden), Sarah (mom of Kruise and Noah) and Kristin (mom of Tanner and Mylie).

No comments: